Tuesday 20 April 2010

last weekends, last activities

We are coming to the end, but before finishing this lovely journey, I wanted to add some more good memories to my heart.

So this weekend I went to San Felice Circeo national park, in the 90 km south of Rome. I took riding lessons, rode in the national park, cycled to Sabaudia, San Felice Circeo and some other places which I don't know the names.
I stayed in Baia d'Argento, it is in the middle of Sabaudia and Circeo.
It was very easy to reach there. I took the Cotral bus from Laurentina station to Circeo and after 2 hours I was there, just for €5.5.
Apart from riding and cycling, plenty of activities you could do. There are tennis courts, flying schools, and windsurfing school, trekking, hiking possibilities in the park and you name it. But I got the impression that during summer it is getting so crowded, so April May is best time in my opinion.
The place, I went for horse riding is Sea Horse Riding Club . They are very good at that, and know what they are doing. The place is in the Circeo National Park and there are so many things to do.
Sabine (riding trainer) is a German and really kind, speaks Italian, English and of course German. After my first and bad riding experience, I've decided to overcome my fear and went there. While talking to Sabine, I felt that I will do it, and in a few minutes I was on a horse, and at the end of lesson, I was tottering. So you see how brave I am :)

The place I stayed is called Bahia di Buzios, they are neighbours with the riding club. You can hear the horses from your room. It is a family running house Marisa speaks very well English. She and her husband, they were both so kind and bicycle service was the best thing to have there. B&B is in a quite place, has a big garden, and the only thing you hear in the morning is singing birds.


Just go there and try it, to see how beautiful is the nature there.

2 comments:

  1. Ayten, the San Felice Circeo national park looks gorgeous. Congratulations for confronting your fears and getting on the horse. It sounds by the end of your lesson you were a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was really amazing, and hacking withing tall eucalyptus tress was unbelievable.
    thank you and yes now I am a riding fan :)

    ReplyDelete